Sunday, July 09, 2006

colourful treats...


a friend of mine was celebrating his birthday. so, he took a bunch of guys (all Indians with the exception of myself) for a lunch - an authentic north Indian all vegetarian food.
the notion that it was pure vegetarian food was kinda misleading...
I mean, I grew up in a society where vegan food are tasteless and healthty...it sure wasn't the case here.

as starters, we had masala papad (nickname: Indian pizza) - lentil based cracker with a generous topping of chopped onion, tomato, and coriander leaves.
second starters: paneer tandoori - some sort of cheese on skewer with onion and salad, grilled to perfection.

main course - butter rothi and butter naan, and boy there were lots of dripping melted butter on top of the rothi and naan. that plus butter dhal, butter eggplant curry, butter fried okra, butter curry paneer. they were heavy, thick, and greasy. I mean, I got high from all the fat after only 10 minutes of eating. and believe me, I was eating slowly. butter everywhere!!! a healthfood-freak nightmare!!! man, my cardiologist ain't gonna be to happy with those food. but they taste so good!!!

dessert - buttered sweet lassi. it's like any normal lassi (yoghurt-shake) but topped with butter!!! can't help to think that the chef must be a sadist!!!

after the heavy food - time for the final dessert...PAN (or PAAN)...
as you can see from the picture - it is a compilation of sweets, spices, herbs - wrapped in leave...very colourful indeed...and smells horrible!!!

my friends told me that they are good for you digestive systems especially after a heavy meal...think I'll just take their words for that...

3 Comments:

At 21:04, Blogger Emma said...

My favourite blog so far...:)

 
At 21:04, Blogger Emma said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 04:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

huahahahahahaahha...i found this post is the best one u have written and since i dont like indian food, definetly not the same reason as siska (it's her fav blog bec it's about food) but simply bec i like the way u write it and it's a very representative picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home