Monday, July 10, 2006

give us this day our daily bread...


a friend of mine sent me this picture (OK, so I was planning to post only my pics before, but this one is just too good for not to be shared - and NO, I have not ran out of ideas just yet!!!).

I don't know where it was taken, or when (though I got some ideas). but the background is quite familiar. there's no mistake. it is a place that I have visited too much within the last 5 years. a place where I spent most of my (now) lost youth (I've spent many easter, x-mas, new year, b'day, valentine's, lunar new year, the eid there). a place of many sleepless nights, lousy food, and funny tasting water. a place that for many people seems to be like an extension of hell...it's the floor of a drilling rig!!!

yet - no matter how often you've been to that place, there's almost always something new to see and learn...
take what happened in this pic for example...maybe the pipe was stuck, maybe the ROP was low, or maybe they're doing it just for the sake of doing it...I really don't know...and perhaps I don't even wanna know ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home