Monday, November 06, 2006

just an ordinary day...


I went to Goa (a small, perhaps even the smallest state in India) last month.
Wonderful place...
Fresh air...Great views...Fresh air...Delicious food...Fresh air...Cheap booze...Friendly people...Fresh air..................O, and did I mentioned fresh air? Come and stay in Mumbai for a while and you'll soon realize why I almost reached point of ecstacy when I could inhaled the fresh air in Goa.

The picture above was taken right in front of the hotel where I stayed...The Taj Fort Aguada Beach Resort. Marvelous hotel it was. Build closely to an old 17th century Portuguese fort named...you guessed it, Fort Aguada.
It's Portuguese for "watering"...as that was the primary function of the fort. A place where ships bound for Europe made quick pit stop to fill their fresh water hold before sailing.

The redish coloured wall at the background is a part of the fort. Those local fishermen were preparing their traditional boat and fishing gears...and the catch would go directly to the hotel's kitchen; at least that's what one of the hotel staff told me. Whether that was the truth or not, I don't know. And you know what, I don't care. All I know, is that the hotel will serve marvelously fresh seafood for dinner, cooked in Goan style (traditional Indian way with a dash of Portuguese touches here and there).

There I was, staying in what perhaps one of the best beach resort in India, waking up to a warm sun and cool gentle breeze...and who says money's not important!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home